Friday, October 23, 2009

Finally! Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 Review

My second most anticipated game of the year! Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 is released and I tried it straight away. This will be a quick review because I've just played it recently, but so far I like the improvement in general gameplay over the past installment.

The gameplay is a bit slow-paced compared to 2009, but it is to my liking. I somehow am annoyed with how 2009 strayed away from realism, since using Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi will almost always guarantee you a win. You can just zap your way with those players and tried outrageous shots that will more likely than not hit the back of the net.

However, that thing is fixed in 2010. No longer Ronaldo nor Messi be able to dance their way through the defence as they see fit. They still can do it, because of the abundance of skills and techniques they have, but not that easily anymore. I'd say, 7 out of 10 times the defence will be able to block them or steal their ball, just like in real life. That's a plus for me.

Some issues still are not fixed, like tackling a player just after he passes the ball won't generate a foul. This is quite a blunder by Konami in 2009 and still isn't fixed in 2010, but it's not really a fatal flaw that marred the gameplay.

I don't want to write a really long review, since I just got into this game, but I'd give it a nice 8.5/10. Not perfect yet, but slowly getting there. Konami should listen to fans' feedback more.

Okay, one week to go. My most anticipated game of the year...

(WHAT DID YOU THINK? COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED)

No comments: