Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Crossroad

I'm on yet another crossroad of my life. Should I take risks and go to Oz to make a better living? Or not? I can't choose for now, both have their own pluses and minuses.


Going abroad means living in a new environment, a fresh air, actually, for me who is getting bored with life in Indonesia. No offense, but I'm just bored. Normal. However, going abroad also means living people who have stood beside you for so long, your friends and family. This is actually one of my considerations. There's no problem in communications, since there's Facebook, YM, email, etc. I just know that if I do go abroad, our relationship will never be the same, ever again. I don't know, I just know. Maybe I'm just being evasive and paranoid, but that's who I am. I know I'm gonna make new friends there, but it's never nice to lose touch with your old friends.

Other issues are money. To go there, I will need at least 7000-8000 AU$, for all the fees and living costs for first couples of months. That's a lot of money all right... It will kinda burden me on my life there, because that's not my money I'm using. Not sure if I'm gonna be able to handle the pressure.

Anyway, this will be a one-way road. If I go forward, there's no way to go back again. Making vital decisions is one of my weaknesses, and choices like these are the most difficult for me. I'd rather do maths, lol.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I live in a city called Perth in Australia. I love life here but maybe that is because it is home to me. Moving is always a big risk, especially abroad. The best advice I can give is to weigh the pros and cons and see which result you yield. If you're happy now, stay, if not, make a change and do something spontaneous like moving to Oz.

Hendra said...

thanks anonymous, whoever you are. I've been thinking and apparently for now, there are more cons than pros of going to Oz, so I'll call off the decision for now.

And like you said, I'm happy right now here, so I'd better stay. It's really risky, moving abroad, more so because I'm going on my own which is definitely not cool. if I ran into troubles there I'd have nobody to turn to.